What's in the Goulash?

What's in the Goulash?
A mixture of different artists stirred in a pot and coming out mmm... mmmmmm delicious

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Creature Redesign (head)



I figured I'd let you guys-and gals see this before I upload it onto my deviant pages. Pretty much this is a creature design I came up with a year or 2 ago, and after looking back at the design thought it looked like crap-actually that's an exageration. Either way here is the head for the redesign. I have the body designed but just haven't found a good enough pose for it yet.
-J.U.NICE!
Edit:

This is one of the animals who's color and patterns inspired this creatures' look :). i tried to find a happy medium between a yellow that's not to bright for a predator and using all white under the pattern by thinking of how a tigers orange coloration functions in contrast to it's dark stripe pattern.

3 comments:

conceptgoulash said...

Love the coloring but the overall shape looks like a spiky oven mit.

Mr. J

Bit-Sake said...

I like the drawling but i think the colors are too muted/similar when you view from a far it makes the image mesh together....buts wsup with the body?

conceptgoulash said...

Figured I'd explain the design especially since I didn't give it's name. Check out the edit and what's below.

This creature is called the Arracher which is french for rip/tear/ripper-I think. It's a predatory pack hunter that upon killing it's prey rips the spine from the body allowing easy access to the kill's interiors.

To be honest though, I did think about making the yellow more saturated until I started thinking about possible habitat's this creature would probably live in.

J.U.NICE!