What's in the Goulash?

What's in the Goulash?
A mixture of different artists stirred in a pot and coming out mmm... mmmmmm delicious

Thursday, September 18, 2008

10 Cool Movie Posters















These are 10 posters that all grabbed me in some way not all are my favs but still cool

1. The Day After Tomorrow- This incredible poster had me wondering all the way to opening day what could of happened? Nuclear War? Natural Disaster? Etc?

2. Dream Girls- This poster makes me feel like I'm back in one of the old cotton clubs in Harlem...add the pink light and slightly silhouetted sexy figures and you've got yourself a top notch poster

3. Friday The 13th- This has got to be the most boss Jason poster I've came across if i never saw a Friday the 13th this poster would trick me into thinking they were actually good

4. A Nightmare On Elm Street- Not a good horror poster but man what an awesome composition...even as a youngster this pic made me want to draw, looking at it now is no different, the placement of the metallic claws, the big glowing eyes and pouty lips of the victim simply JAWESOME!!!!

5. Platoon- Too many reasons why this poster rocks...Did he lose his comrades to combat? Is He praying to god in his final Moments? Is he asking for help? When you see the movie and find out that this incredible composition is a screenshot from the film itself it makes it stand out so much more
6. Premonition- I 1st saw this in the hallway at work and was like damn that's creative...I still don't care to see the movie but damn this composition almost got me

7. Spiderman 3- No logo, no text, just the number 3 and a brooding fallen from grace spiderman this poster gave off a tone so dark you couldn't help but to find out what Hollywood was going to do with/to your favorite neighborhood webslinger in this movie
8&9. The Dark Night- These posters speak for themselves the burning bat symbol on the smoldering building and the fearless batman standing in front of it followed by falling debris gets u pumped I actually want to go out and kick ass after seeing this...The Joker Version has what I like To call Ultimate villain swagger, the stance the suit he's the Criminal all the lil hoods look up too
10. Conan- This be a manly poster by Crom...Looking at this makes me want to drink trashcan size glasses of bear, eat mutton chops, and go out on army slayin adventures with 2 buxom vixens who sleep with me in between fights to replenish my health...kinda like 300 without all the oil and extra men...

1 comment:

Incomparable Brian Charles said...

Some of these are really cool! You're off your rocker about that Dreamgirls poster, though. I think its very uninspired. Also, the Spiderman 3 poster is really lame without the colored costum version. Without that, it doesn't say anything about the movie. He looks sad and broody, but that's not how it was in the movie. You need the other one to see that this is supposed to be a dark version of the same guy. And not having a title works for things like Superman and Batman, because the logos tell you what they are, but a 3?! They only got away with that because 1 & 2 were like the most popular movies ever :(
That Conan poster IS very macho.