What's in the Goulash?

What's in the Goulash?
A mixture of different artists stirred in a pot and coming out mmm... mmmmmm delicious

Monday, June 22, 2009

Mysteryman III design work...



Ok, for those of you who don't know... League of Defenders is a superhero team comic I've been working on for the last year or so. Its still in the developemental stages and I've been very secretive about the designs. That makes me look like I'm not up to anything, so I'm breaking the silence. Here is a chibi version of Mysteryman III. He's kind of like Batman, so I went with the Gotham Nights color scheme. Also, I've always wanted to use that "big spooky eyes" element that Spider-man has, but its like impossible to use that without people thinking your character is actually Spider-man. I wonder if that's what it was like when someone made a character with a cape back in the 40s... Anyway, the second pic has a sketch of a way I might try to avoid that problem. On both designs, the eyes would be black, so I thought maybe if I added another element including black on the mask (the cheeks) it would make the mask look a bit more like a skull. Transversly, I could change the eyes altogether. what do you guys think?

3 comments:

Bit-Sake said...

Mystery Man YAYYYYYYYY.....I Like the design in the top sketch the white face plate gives it a partial skeleton feel very awesome...and whos the perty lad? in the blue pencil

Incomparable Brian Charles said...

Oh, that's Morningbrite. One of my world of Warcraft characters. She's a blood-elf Paladdin.

conceptgoulash said...

I like where u are going with the design, accept that it still looks to much ike spidey. Also his anatomy is very similar to spidey as well. I think if u can somehow tweak those to factors a bit more, Mr Mysterious will stand out on his own alot better.

Ever thought of exaggrating the eyes "top points" further up over the characters scalp to help break the cliche spidey eyes?

Just a thought.
Keep up the good work!

-BERTIUS