What's in the Goulash?

What's in the Goulash?
A mixture of different artists stirred in a pot and coming out mmm... mmmmmm delicious

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Image of the beast...


So, the conceptart.org character of the week is Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid. The requirements are to have her in both mermaid for and maiden form. I decided to draw both versions, color them, then composite them together.
Broke out the inking pens for these two because I wanted clean scans to color...my sketchbook is hugs, though, so the maiden part I had to tilt and even then, there's shadow on the scan :( I come to find out that I'm a really cowardly inker ever since I stopped using rapidographs back in '01. This really felt like I was just tracing...

Anyway, I rarely do this, but I just started doodling out of the blue. wanted to draw something like an ogre, no real purpose and its not thought out at all, just "Lets draw a horn...Oh, attach it to a fat dood!"
Finally, the other day I organized a gathering of local artists to get together at Barnes & Nobles for drawing. The only person who showed up was this girl, Sue. We exchanged sketchbooks while making smalltalk, but once that was done, we got down to drawing... The girl was a monster! It was exactly like when Frieza's thugs saw Goku and their power meter eye-pieces blew up, except that instead of Ki, it was drawing energy. What a blast! She was just plowing away, and the drawings were good, too! This went on for hours, we're drawing and chatting about the animation industry and such. I noticed that the things she drew were VERY random, so I asked "What's that there" and it was like she'd come out of this trance and say something like "Oh! Um...I guess I was drawing a hand".

If I can only use her power for good.

3 comments:

Bit-Sake said...

Pretty Cool Post Chaz welcome back from the dead...The mermaids right shoulder and chest are a bit off but still nice and clean..The running rhino man is off the chain especially the way you threw the hands into the foreground...as for the inks i kind of feel the same way these days its been such a long time since i've had a pen set... well anyways I Look forward to seeing more from you

conceptgoulash said...

STFU, Hen! Don't you see I put a big-ass necklace there to cover that part up? ...Always trying to put a ninja on front street...

Unknown said...

nice stuff. can't wait to see YOU do some colours for them, LOL. but yeah, nice work.

^_^